February 29, 2004
10 Random Tracks
- Penguin Planet (Void Main, there's a story to go with this one, but no album)
- I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow (Various, O Brother Where Art Thou Soundtrack)
- Devil Doll (X, More Fun in the New World)
- Candy Says - Closet Mix (The Velvet Underground, Peel Slowly and See Volume 4, aka The Velvet Underground)
- Adrenaline (Throbbing Gristle, 20 Jazz Funk Greats)
- Really Good Photo (Shantel, Higher Than the Funk)
- Undertow (REM, New Adventures in Hi-Fi)
- Put a Little Love in Your Heart (Leonard Nimoy)
- Quasar Superstar (MC Hawking)
- The Baby (Shantel, Great Delay)
I don't think pk has an MP3 collection, so we may have to settle on him putting on a blindfold, clawing a sample down off the shelves, and pointing at the case until an assistant can verify that he's pointing at a song.
And even then it wouldn't be random, because they're alphabetized--if I'm standing, it'd be A-H, if I'm on my knees, it'd be R-Z. And jazz is across the room.
Nope, my collection is still artifact-based. But the stack I bought this weekend is random enough:
Young Marble Giants, "Colossal Youth" Magazine, "The Correct Use of Soap" Califone, "Heron King Blves" Suicide "De La Soul Is Dead" "Inner City Sounds" (various artists, 1969-1975) My Bloody Valentine, "Isn't Anything"
And right now I'm listening to random play of R.E.M.'s "Green," "Out of Time," "Automatic for the...," "New Adventures in Hi-Fi," and "Up."
Gimme a break, it's Sunday.
Posted by: pk at February 29, 2004 8:44 AM
Posted by: nate at March 3, 2004 2:42 AM